To make them you will need:
- Wooden Hanging Hearts or shaped gift tags
- Christmas Scrapbook paper
- Alphabet stickers or punches (I used my QuicKutz Squeeze)
- Mod Podge or PVA glue
- Bakers twine or cord
- A needle
I found these little packs of heart shaped wooden tags on sale last October in the wedding section of our local Hobbycraft shop.
I guess wedding season was over so they were marked right down to 50p per pack of 4. Amazon have a few similar ones available here and here
- Place your scrapbook paper face down and draw round the wooden tag shape
- Cut it out
- Brush a layer of Mod Podge over the wooden shape
- Apply the scrapbook paper shape, smooth, then brush over another layer of glue.
- Cut out the letters needed for the names of your loved ones
- Glue the names on and give the whole thing another layer of Mod Podge to seal. Pierce through the paper where the hanging hole is with the needle and leave to dry
Or you could print a Christmassy quote or message on the computer and glue that on the reverse.
I spent a while choosing papers I thought each person would especially like from scraps I have kept over the years. They all hung their hearts on their tree as soon as they had finished opening their presents which was lovely - I like a busy, crowded Christmas tree!
You might also be interested in: