It was made entirely from yarn I already had (yay, a stashbuster!) The black I used was a bit thinner than the red and wine but it didn't seem to make too much difference. I learnt a new skill too as I've never done colour change crochet like this before. It was pretty straightforward but the colour changing does slow things down a bit so it took me a couple of evenings to finish. I also added an extra row my mistake so my hat is just a teeny bit more slouchy than it's supposed to be!
Here are the features from the last weeks Handmade Monday.
Carolee Crafts shared a whole load of great ideas for getting your craft area and supplies organised and under control, plus a sneak peak at some of the things she's been making including these pretty flowers made from linen ribbon.
CJ Made shared a project from her archives (we like old stuff here too, it doesn't always have to be brand new!) a Jackson Pollock inspired DIY T-shirt.
It looks like a really fun, but messy idea. I think I'll wait for warmer weather before I consider giving this a try, then I can make all the mess outside!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
And now for this weeks linky.
Remember every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too, if you'd like to join the board and pin directly just send me a message with your pinterest email.
The rules are pretty straightforward:
- Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
- Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
- Link up to 3 posts each week, but try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
- Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
- If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.