Back in November I shared photos of a patchwork bedspread my nan made for me when I was little, you can see that here if you missed it, and some of you were kind enough to offer some ideas of what I could do with it. During the Christmas holidays I found time to finally take it apart and this weekend I've been remaking it into something new. I'm writing a proper post all about it but for now here is a sneak peek.
I won't say too much now, except I'm really happy with what I've been able to do and some of it involved Chrissie D's tutorial on a hand tying technique.
Now here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday.
Anna from Tea and a Sewing Machine has lined an old wooden box with fabric and given it a whole new lease of life.
Mary from The Boondocks Blog also gave a box a makeover, but this one caused her some real headaches. Luckily it all ended well and she filled this pretty Valentine's Day wooden gift box with chocolates.
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
And now for this weeks linky.
Every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board . It's a group board so you are welcome to join, just send me a message with your pinterest email and I'll send you an invite.
The rules are pretty straightforward:
- Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
- Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
- Link up to 3 posts each week, but please try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
- Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
- If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.