- Cut your pretty scrapbook paper to the size of your box frame first then play around with the tiles until you are happy with the arrangement of words on the paper.
- Measure the gap top and bottom of your arrangement and cut a bit of scrap card to that width - that's the blue card in the photos below.
- Push the tiles for the top row together (it's SO much easier to keep things straight if you don't leave gaps between each tile) and mark either end on the scrap card. Shown in big ol' black arrows on the photos.
- Tape the scrap card to the top of the pretty paper, making the word gap you've marked central.
- Now it's easy to glue the tiles into place, as you can push them right up against the scrap card.
- Just make sure you remove your scrap card straight away before it gets stuck down too!
- Repeat on the bottom, obviously leave gaps between the words as I have here!
- Once the top and bottom rows were firmly in place I measured the gap needed between the other 3 rows in my quote and cut a strip of scrap card the right width.
- I actually didn't mark any more for these middle lines, I just used the top and bottom lines to help me centre everything by eye. You could measure if that's your thing.
- It was really useful to have the card to push the tiles up against to help to keep them straight.
We gave the couple their gift a week or so before their big day so I was so honoured when we arrived at the reception to find they have used this picture as part of their wedding decorations on the top table!
Isn't their cake topper fab! As you can see they come from 2 different parts of the world which is why I chose this quote for them.
You might also be interested in: