I've had this striped T-shirt for years.
So off it came!
I like this more abstract print but it's not quite what I was thinking of.
This is a piece of a waterfall jacket that is in my "waiting to be refashioned" pile. It's lovely but enormous, hopefully one day I will make it over and you will see it, but for now I've just sliced a bit off the front that I know I won't need for it's refashion.
Of the three I had I like this last one best so that's what I went with.
I cut a rectangle 10cm x 11cm, and ironed a 1cm turning on each side then turned one short side down again (this is going to be the top of the pocket)
For the bottom corners, I folded and pressed a bit of a mitre to make it nice and neat.
Next I thought a bit of trim round the sleeves might be nice too. So I cut 2 long strips of my flowery fabric on the bias, 5cm x 45cm to make some fat bias binding.
I didn't measure, I just started at the underarm seam, and pinned carefully making sure I wasn't pulling it tight. When I got back to the beginning I allowed about 2cm for turning and chopped the rest of my binding off. Then I folded the turning under.
The whole thing got a row of top stitching to hold it in place. My top stitching is not very neat and close to the edge but this way I knew for sure I was catching the layer on the inside too.