Quite some time ago I pinned this idea to make twine by twisting fabric scraps from My Poppet Makes.
I made a bag full - just because - and then put it to one side, moved house and forgot all about it (like you do...) Then a few weeks ago when I made this ribbon and bead bracelet ...
- scraps of fabric - longish strips are best
- a Selection of Jewellery Finding:
- 2 Ribbon Ends (mine are these silver colour 6mm ones from Pandahall)
- 2 small round jump rings (mine are these 4mm from Pandahall)
- 1 larger jump ring (mine is a 7mm oval, from my stash)
- 1 lobster clasp (mine is this one from Pandahall)
- strong glue (I used Superglue)
- jewellery making or small pliers
- to go to My Poppet to find out how to make your twine
I also love that it uses up scraps, so good for those last precious fragments of a favourite print AND if it gets a bit grubby you can just gently handwash it and it will be good as new.
It would be lovely to make a bracelet to match a dress, skirt or shorts that you've made with the little leftover fabric scraps.
Here are the other great Pinterest Inspired projects in this month's Pinterest Challenge.