Back in February I'd seen a couple of really beautiful wedding gifts using jars by Desiree at 36th Ave, check her's out here and here, they are just gorgeous. Now I look again, mine are nothing like Desiree's masterpieces. I improvised and used what I had, let's just say I was "inspired by" rather than actually attempting to recreate!
Really what I did here was a tweak of the Gold Heart Pot I made for my makeup brushes, I did this at the same time using mostly the same materials.
To make one you need:
- A jar with a lid. Mine was just an old chocolate spread jar. Another time I would use a bigger jar, it was hard to fit everything in here that I wanted to
- Gold spray paint
- A sticker, mine was a heart
- Washi tape or low tack masking tape
- Ribbon or thread
- A button with a shank
- Strong glue - mine was superglue
- Small bits and pieces you might need on your wedding day