Next to the Christmas tree no plant screams Christmas more than a Poinsettia! The real ones are notoriously difficult to grow indoors in cold countries. They tend to be wrapped in plastic in the shops and then the poor plant gets quite a shock when the wrapper comes off and their leaves drop off in protest. At least that is what has always happened to me whenever I’ve had one!
Poinsettias are beautiful though, their vibrant red bracks are just lovely. If keeping a real plant happy and healthy is too challenging why not make some instead?
I love them so much that I’ve collected a whole load of poinsettia craft ideas together, ideas to make faux flowers and also crafts with poinsettias involved. I’ve picked as many different crafts as I could too, so this could be a great opportunity to try something new this Christmas.
5) Flower of the Month - Poinsettia, Cross Stitch design by Ellen Maurer Stroh
6) Poinsettia Pillow from The Crafty Quilter
7) Christmas Mason Jar Sign from The Craft Patch Blog
8) Paper Poinsettia Template by Moms and Crafters
17) No Sew Poinsettias from Felted Sweaters by Cucicucicoo
18) Poinsettia Wreath Tutorial from Trendy Tree
19) Christmas Poinsettia Wreath from Adventures of a DIY Mom
20) Vintage Poinsettia Drawings and Christmas Flowers to Download and Print from Picture Box Blue
Is that enough inspiration to get your crafting poinsettias? And although we think of them as Christmas plants a lot of these crafts are so beautiful they are suitable for all year round.