Meegan is a lovely creative lady who shares her craft and DIY projects, recipes and beautiful sense of style.
Now my bit, first I answer four questions:
Question 1: What am I working on?I always have at least a dozen things on the go at any one time! Here's a sneak peek of what I've been up to recently:
Question 2: How does my work differ from others of it's genre?I don't know! I'm not an expert on anything, I guess that's different.
Question 3: Why do I write/create what I do?I started this blog as a bit of a tribute to my mum and grandma's who were so different in many ways but who all liked being creative. They each taught me different skills and I wanted to share with others what they shared with me.
Print available from Pin Wheel Designs Etsy shop
Question 4: How does my writing/creating process work?I try loads of things, if they come out ok then I share them with you.
This is the process:
- I have an idea (from magazines, TV, pinterest, walking down the street...)
- I start playing with relevant craft materials to see if it's a good idea
- I try to remember to take photos as I go along
- If it turns out ok I celebrate with a nice cup of tea
- Then I start editing photos (and cross my fingers that I didn't miss important steps)
- Meanwhile, in my head, I think about what I'm going to write. This usually happens in the car, in the shower, whilst cooking dinner etc
- Then I start writing the post adding photos as I go. I currently have 17 in draft form
- When it looks ok I publish
- Then I check it and see loads of typos!
- 6 months later I notice more mistakes (sorry about that)
Now the fun bit, I get to introduce you to some other blogs that I love. Check them out over the next few weeks when they will be continuing the blogland tour.
Kate from Crafts on Sea has all sorts of crafty goodies to share. Mostly, but not exclusively, she shows us lovely things to make with young children. There have been some fab projects with book themes this summer in conjunction with some other great blogs. Elmer, Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs and my favourite picture book of all time A Squash and a Squeeze. She also hosts Tuesday Tutorials link party, has recipes and crafty ideas for grown ups too!
I discovered Clare Willcocks about 6 months ago when I was looking at paper cutting ideas. Clare's work is AMAZING! Not only does she do the most beautiful paper cuts she also does cute little doodles that are just adorable. Then just a little while ago Clare revealed that she can also do the most lifelike drawings too. Her pictures of pets are just brilliant. You MUST visit her site if only to be in awe of her talent.
My last nomination isn't for another craft blog but just a bit of flagrant nepotism - sorry! My daughter is a photography student and recently started her own blog Carla Nyanyo Photography. (actually I'm not even a bit sorry, I think she's fab)
Thanks for joining me on my leg of the Blogland Tour, I hope to see you again soon!