For me strawberries really herald the start of summer and here in the UK the strawberry season is just about begining. I love strawberries to eat, to drink (strawberry daiquiri anyone?), to add to my drink and then eat (is it Pimm’s o’clock?) and also as crafting inspiration.
Fun fact - did you know strawberries are in fact, not a berry at all! They are an aggregate fruit but I guess ‘straw aggregate fruit’ just doesn’t have the same ring to it!
With my love of the strawberry in mind I’ve put together some of my favourite strawberry themed crafts from all over the internet for you. Have a browse and choose some fruity summer strawberry projects to try. There are loads of different crafts so there is something for everyone.
5) This hand tacked Mug Rug by Love my Little Cottage is both cute and useful
6) I made these strawberry wardrobe fresheners, filling them with lavender. Sweet and easy to make with scraps of red fabric.
7) Hobbycraft have a great tutorial to make these lovely little strawberry charms from air dry clay. UPDATE - this tutorial is no longer on the Hobbycraft site but Paper and Stitch have a similar tutorial which is well worth checking out.
8) Have you ever seen anything cuter than this little kawaii crochet strawberry from Spin A Yarn Crochet
9) This little strawberry cross stitch motif is one I first stitched up when I was 11, it was my first ever cross stitch design!
10) I love this crocheted strawberry coaster. Repeat Crafter Me has a whole load more fruit coaster patterns too so you can make a whole fruit salad if you want to!
11) These strawberry painted rocks from Sustain my Craft Habit are so life like, they’d be so much fun to tuck around the garden or hide in the park for others to find.
12) Pom Pom Strawberries - what could be cuter? There is a tutorial to make your own on Mr Printables
13) This strawberry garland card from White House Crafts is lovely and it’s made with a heart punch, how sweet!
14) This strawberry gift wrapping idea from The House that Lars Built is just so clever
15) Another crochet project - this gorgeous bunting or garland is a free pattern from Libby Summers on Ravelry
16) If knitting is your thing you might like this cute knitted strawberry pattern from Love Crafts with it’s teeny tiny buttons
17) I am officially in love with this strawberry bag from Jacks and Kate, there is a great tutorial with lots of step by step photos too
18) This strawberry planter is super cute isn’t it? It started life plain white but had this fabulous strawberry makeover by A Charming Project
19) These beaded earrings are so pretty, there is a free pattern from Living with 3 Moon Babies
20) Another strong contender for cutest ever strawberry craft is these oven bake clay brooches by The Crafted Life
21) This quilt block pattern by Skyberries Handmade comes with a fabulous photo heavy tutorial
22) The tutorial to make this sweet strawberry pincushion includes the embroidery design. Find all the details at Samelia’s Mum
23) Corner bookmarks are so useful and these paper folded strawberry ones are super cute too. There is a video tutorial showing you how to make them on Red Ted Art
24) The Papery Craftery has a detailed tutorial to make this lovely quilled paper strawberry
So there you have it, my pick of my favourite cute strawberry themed crafts. Are they making you hungry? Which one would you like to try first?